About Lyon Public Library
The public libraries of the City of Lyon are a public service with the mission of contributing to the leisure, information, education and culture of all.
- History of Lyon Public Library (BmL)
- Organisation chart
- The BmL in figures
- Activity report
- The development project
- 16 libraries and one library bus
Services available in our libraries
- Searching for an item
- Printing and photocopying
- Extending a loan
- Bringing children into the library
- Consulting material from the ’Silo moderne’
- Using a computer at the Library
- Do you need a bag ?
- Checking your member’s file
- Using a computer at the library
- Reading in a foreign language
- Return items at any time of day or night
- I consult documents in the library
- I read the press and magazines
- Amateur or professional photographer ?
- Ask a question
- Digital spaces
- Loans of items from the art library
Learn how to surf the net, create a blog, retouch photos or quite simply, learn how to use a computer … the digital spaces are open to everyone and offer numerous workshops, both one-to-one and for groups.
What is a digital space ?
The purpose of the libraries’ digital spaces is to promote the general public’s access to new technologies. Whatever your age and your level, a complete programme has been developed by our staff, either in workshops or on a one-to-one basis.
Come and get started, or improve your knowledge at your own pace in accounting and management, in IT, and even in the highway code, with the help of our teach-yourself applications.
Search engines, blogs, discovering internet content, social networks ... all will finally be within your reach !
NB : There is free internet access in all Lyon’s libraries and the entire network has wifi.
Disability / services for people with disabilities
- The Navette + lending service : borrow and return items at any library
- Reading accessibility (in French)
- The heritage of the past and the present, discover our treasures
- The 1914-1918 War Collection